There are many benefits of having both your surgery and rehabilitation at the San. Patients will seamlessly transition from a medical or surgical ward to the rehabilitation ward, and this continuity of care will enable our staff to clearly communicate your needs and wellbeing. It is also easy for your surgeon to monitor your recovery, as they can easily visit without having to go off-site. Your surgeon will remain in contact with the San Rehabilitation team and will be updated on your progress.
Our team are here to assist you on your journey to recovery by providing emotional and physical support, guidance and education. Our aim from the time you arrive is to get you to an optimal level of health and function so you are ready to return home.
Our inpatient rehab facilities
The purpose-designed rehabilitation unit is located close to our allied health services and hydrotherapy pool, and offers:
- Private rooms with ensuites
- Windows and views from all rooms
- Physiotherapy gymnasium
- Consulting rooms for patient and therapist evaluation and discussion
- ADL (Activities of Daily Living) facilities for assessment and to replicate activities required to be performed in daily routines.
- Open spaces for group therapy sessions
- Aquatic physiotherapy (Hydrotherapy)
Your support team and services
Your support network is key to your successful recovery. It is important that you appoint a recovery 'coach' or someone who can help you through your journey back to health. In many cases this coach may be your partner or a family member.
We have a range of support services available including nursing support, exercise classes, therapy consultations and education available to aid your recovery. Some of these resources include:
- Rehabilitation physicians
- Clinical Nurse Educators
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathologists
- Clinical pharmacists
- Exercise physiologists
- Social workers
- Full diagnostic facilities
- 24 hour emergency support
- 24 hour Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
Inpatient rehab program
Each day there are a range of activities planned to aid your recovery. Please note it is important for you to play an active role in your treatment to optimise your results. Your personalised daily program will be confirmed by your physiotherapist.
Your recovery coach and family members are welcome to visit you. Please discuss your daily program with them to confirm the best times.
Day rehab program
We also offer day rehabilitation services and programs involving:
- Physiotherapy following orthopaedic surgery
- Hydrotherapy rehabilitation
- Aqua fitness