Radiation Oncology (ICON)
Radiation oncology, or radiotherapy, is the use of radiation to safely treat and manage cancer with the aims of eradicating cancer cells, reducing tumour growth and / or relieving symptoms. At the San cutting-edge radiation therapy techniques and technology are used to deliver pin-point accurate radiation to all cancers of various size, type and location. Radiation oncology treatment can be delivered on its own, or in combination with other forms of treatment, such as chemotherapy, hormones and surgery. Treatment can be delivered externally from a machine outside the body, and/or internally from radiation sources put inside the body.
Icon Cancer Centre Wahroonga
Icon Wahroonga is located in the San Integrated Cancer Centre near the Reception on Level 2. Icon Cancer Centre is part of the wider Icon Group, Australia's largest dedicated provider of cancer care.
- The support of a dedicated and experienced team of doctors and medical staff
- World-class facilities in a calm and friendly environment
- Advanced radiation therapy techniques
- No waitlist – consultation and treatment in a timely manner
- New Skin Cancer Clinic opened on-site in February 2021
- Access to Allied Health services
- Your choice of music during treatment
- Access to free Wi-Fi
Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 5.15pm.
Phone: (02) 9480 4200
Icon Wahroonga is located on Level 2 of the Clark Tower. The Centre is accessed via the main traffic lights on Fox Valley Road. We recommend you park in the main multi-deck car park - P1. Some designated parking is available for radiotherapy patients on Level 2 of P1.
Country patients who require a weekly radiotherapy program can be accommodated on the Hospital grounds at Jacaranda Lodge.