Events & education
Sydney Adventist hospital is an accredited provider of continued professional development events through the RACGP CPD. We deliver a diverse range of high-quality educational events annually, including online and face-to-face educational meetings for GPs.
Our activities are delivered in partnership with San Specialists, GPs and other health care professionals with a focus on whole-person health, proving comprehensive updates on a wide range of treatment options, including non-medical, medical, and surgical approaches. By bringing together diverse expertise, our events ensure that GPs receive the latest knowledge and insights to deliver whole-person care to their patients.
CPD requirements for medical professionals
From 1 January 2023, CPD requirements set by the Medical Board of Australia require all medical professionals to have a CPD home and:
- Complete an annual Professional Development Plan
- Undertake 50 hours of CPD per annum :
- 12.5 hours Educational Activities
- 25 hours combined
- Reviewing Performance and Measuring Outcomes
- Minimum of 5 hours for each category
- 12.5 hours free choice across any 3 of the above categories
In addition to the above the RACGP requires its membership to complete Basic Life Support every 3 year cycle.