What to Bring
It is essential that all patients bring the following items to the hospital with them:
- All entitlement cards e.g. Medicare / Safety Net / Veterans’ Affairs and Health Fund cards
- Any paperwork not already forwarded to the Hospital
- Relevant x-rays, scans or films
- Current medication (in their original containers) and prescriptions, including repeat forms
- Payment for estimate of gap between fund benefits and hospital fees, or total estimated costs of hospitalisation if you have no health insurance
- Reading material and/or something else to do, and
- A hard case for your glasses.
If you are staying overnight, please remember to also bring (in a small overnight bag):
- Sleepwear, dressing gown and slippers
- Personal toiletries
- Small amount of change for newspapers and other small purchases, and
- A watch and/or a battery operated clock.
Do not bring:
- Valuables, including jewellery and large sums of money (unless settling your account in cash on admission)
- Unnecessary clothing
- Large luggage and suitcases (these cannot be accommodated).