Pathology is the study of the nature and cause of disease, which involves changes in structure and function of body tissues. San Pathology provides both routine and specialised tests, including:
- Blood Banking
- Clinical Biochemistry, which offers a comprehensive test menu
- Haematology and Therapeutic Venesection
- Histopathology and Cytology reported by senior specialist pathologists
- Immunoassay, for reliable hormone analysis with same day turn-a-round of results
- Microbiology, proud of its reputation for thorough investigations
- Serology with same day turn-a-round of results including HIV
For all ultrasound and CT guided biopsies at the Sydney Adventist Hospital, a histopathologist is present to instantly confirm biopsy sample adequacy before the patient is released.
Appointments are not necessary except for Glucose Tolerance Tests (GTT).
Electrocardiograms (ECGs) are available at all collection centres except Wahroonga Specialist Centre. 24-hour Holter and Blood Pressure monitoring are also available at a number of our collection centres. Both tests may be booked through the San Clinic and Morisset collection centres.
A comprehensive source of information to help you understand your pathology tests can be found at www.labtestsonline.org.au.