Clinical Specialties - Maternity
San Maternity Services, Resources & Programs
The San has assisted in the delivery and care of babies for over one hundred years. We are dedicated to making our mothers-to-be welcome and comfortable and to providing the very best of care from conception to birth and beyond.
We offer a wide range of birthing and parenting programs to ensure that you are well prepared for a new addition to your family. During your stay you will meet the dedicated team of doctors, midwives, mothercraft nurses, lactation specialists, physiotherapists and other health professionals committed to promoting your health and recovery by the best means available.
Our San Maternity Services include:
- Women’s Ultrasound (including 4D)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic services including Pathology, Radiology, Physiotherapy and Dietitians
- Choices in Childbirth classes conducted by experienced childbirth educators, covering birthing and parenting
- Calmbirth® classes
- Caesarean section classes
- Pre and Post-natal Aqua and Pilates classes
- Baby Care and Breastfeeding classes, recommended for when you are approximately 36 weeks
- Grandparent Classes
- Post-natal education including settling techniques, breastfeeding and baby bathing
- Information and education resources and useful websites
- Social Workers, Chaplains, and a Clinical Psychologist (specialising in Women’s Health and Perinatal Care)
- Lactation Consultants available for pre and post-natal consultation
- 'Baby Friendly Caesarean Section' keeping mother, baby and partner together throughout the journey
- Well baby nursery staffed by midwives and / or mothercraft nurses
- Special Care Nursery
- Flat screen TVs, FOXTEL, and free wireless internet
Maternity visiting hours are between 10.00am – 8.00pm.
Your partner and your children are welcome to visit at any time.