Re-Entry For Registered Nurses
Sydney Adventist Hospital with San College of Education offers a Re-entry Program for Registered Nurses. This program is approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA).
The Re-entry Program is specifically tailored for Registered Nurses returning to the Acute Care nursing environment.
This program is open to eligible nurses previously registered in Australia who have not practiced within the last five years, but whose time away from the profession does not exceed 10 years.
Please see our information video on the right.
Course 1: 30 January – 6 April 2017
Course 2: 17 July – 21 September 2017
Length: 320 hours over 10 weeks
The course is offered Monday - Thursday.
|Times:||Theory:||8.30am - 4.00pm|
|Clinical:||7.00am - 3.30pm|
|Delivery:||Theory:||160 hours of Self-directed Learning Packages; Classroom Presentation and Clinical Simulation activities|
|Clinical:||160 hours of Professional Experience within Sydney Adventist Hospital across a variety of medical, surgical and specialty areas|
|Class Size:||Maximum 16 students per group|
Assessment: Clinical Nurse Educators who hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) will conduct all assessments within the clinical area.
To be eligible for this program, participants will need to provide:
- A completed application form.
All applications need to include:
- A letter of referral from the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) to undertake a Board Approved Re-entry Program. The program must be completed within 12 months of the dated letter.
- Evidence of a minimum of one-year post graduate clinical nursing experience
- National Australian Federal Police Check: Health workers and students must comply with Employment Screening using Criminal Record Checks Policy Directive PD2005_552
- Immunisation: Health workers and students undertaking work placement in NSW Health facilities must comply with the assessment, screening and vaccination requirements of Policy Directive PD2011_005 –‘Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specific Infectious Diseases.’ Participants in the Re-entry program must complete the NSW Health forms: Tuberculosis (TB) assessment tool and Student Undertaking/Declaration. Students will not be permitted to commence this program without providing a current immunisation record
- Completed immunisation form and immunisation checklist
- A Curriculum Vitae showing evidence of previous clinical practice
- 100 Point Identification check - please refer to this form and bring the relevant original documents on your first day.
- Passport photo
2017 Course Fee: $9,450 inc. GST
This includes a $450 non-refundable administration fee. Course fees are not processed until the Day 1 of the program.
A payment plan may be negotiated.
Scholarship application through the Australian College of Nursing. All application processes and subsequent funding is the responsibility of the student.
Australian College of Nursing: www.acn.edu.au/scholarships
Freecall: 1800 11 72 62
For more information please contact:
Phone: 02 9487 9206
Send application details by mail to:
San College of Education Registered Nurse Re-entry Program
Beattie Complex, Sydney Adventist Hospital
185 Fox Valley Road
Wahroonga NSW 2076