Facing a prostate disease diagnosis can be quite a challenge physically, mentally and emotionally. At the San we are committed to making things easier for patients, their families and carers at every stage of their journey, and we are dedicated to delivering our exceptional and unique care to people living with cancer.
Your first step will be referral to one of our specialists. If you wish to find a San Specialist please see our Find a Specialist database.
As well as specialist doctors and expert diagnosticians we also provide specialist staff and services available to assist you before, during and after your admission and treatment. These specialists work specifically with prostate patients and they understand the range of physical and emotional issues you may face.
- Our Prostate Cancer Case Manager meets with patients on referral to our Pre-Admission Clinic (PAC) and walks through the admission process and all available and appropriate services.
- Specialist nursing staff including Clinical Nurse Specialists and Clinical Nurse Consultants work in our Operating Theatres and on the wards, and have specific experience, qualifications and expertise and are equipped to ensure you receive best possible care.
- Physiotherapy & Allied Health staff including Continence Physiotherapists.
- A Clinical Trials Unit continually running and recruiting for a range of prostate cancer clinical trials.
- An extensive and comprehensive cancer support service is available at the San for anyone impacted by cancer, not just our patients.
- The San's Emergency Care Unit is the largest and busiest private emergency facility in NSW and is available 24 hours / 7 days for any unforeseen circumstances.
- Other services available on site include pharmacy, social workers and a range of allied health professionals to help meet our patients’ needs.
Prostate Cancer Diagnostic and Treatment Pathway
Your doctor will guide you in your diagnostic and treatment choices and there are many options which, depending on your personal circumstances, your doctor may recommend.