Postgraduate Midwifery Student Program
Sydney Adventist Hospital Maternity Unit
Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH) is a not-for-profit private hospital participating in the clinical placement and training of midwifery students. We are committed to delivering the highest possible standard of health care in a friendly and supportive work environment. At SAH we average 2,000 births per year.
About the Maternity Unit and Program
- Birthing unit with 9 dedicated birthing rooms, including two rooms with birthing pools for water births
- Special care nursery
- Antenatal / postnatal unit
- Antenatal clinical placement undertaken in Obstetrician’s rooms
- Lactation Consultants providing support as needed antenatally, during women’s postnatal stay in hospital, and as an outpatient service
- On-site parent education classes
- Childbirth education classes either as evening or weekend sessions
- Baby Care, Breastfeeding and Grandparent antenatal education classes
Midwifery education is highly valued and clinical support is available with maternity educators, clinical specialists and preceptors.
Enrolment for student midwives is directly through Sydney Adventist Hospital.
Please note applicants will need to apply separately for their university course.
For further enquiries contact SAH Maternity Educators on (02) 9480 4186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org