Avondale College Sydney Campus Library is a professional health collection containing online and print journals, 20,000 books, as well as a variety of DVDs. The Library has two main specialties, nursing and bioethics, however our collection also includes medicine, allied health, counselling and religion, among other subjects.
The Library is located on the entrance level of the Clinical Education Centre.
Library membership is available to the following people:
- Sydney Adventist Hospital staff, volunteers and accredited medical officers – Free
- Avondale College Faculty of Nursing and Health students and staff – Free
- SAH clinical school students and staff - Free
- Members of UNILINC libraries (reciprocal agreement) – Free
- Students on clinical placement – Free for the duration of the placement
- Tertiary students not members of UNILINC libraries – $99 for 12 months, $66 for 6 months
- Members of the general public – $99 for 12 months, $66 for 6 months
- Books – most books may be borrowed for 2 weeks
- Closed Reserve (CR) items may be used in the Library during opening hours on presentation of your ID
- Journals and Reference items are not for general loan but may be used anywhere within the Library
- Returns of general loans should be made in the returns chute at the Desk during opening hours, or in the after-hours chute near the building's entrance
- Overdue items returned on the date due but after the Library has closed will be regarded as overdue. Fines are payable on overdue items.
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature)
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- EBSCOhost - Business, Health and Biblical Research
- Ovid Nursing Full Text Plus
- Catalogue - Avondale College Library
- Internet and wireless hotspot are available
Tom Ludowici Bioethics Collection
Bioethics incorporates medical and nursing ethics. We have 7,000 books and 25 journals, covering major subjects including abortion, euthanasia, cloning, and stem cell research.
February - May and July - November
|Monday – Thursday||8.00am – 8.00pm|
|Friday||8.00am – 3.00pm|
January, July and December
|Monday – Thursday||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Friday||9.00am – 3.00pm|
The Library is closed from Christmas to New Year and on public holidays.
For more information on any of our services please contact the Library staff, including the Campus Librarian Michael Rigby, by:
|Phone:||02 9480 3636|
|Fax:||02 9487 9635|