If you are admitted to the hospital and require specialised medical nutrition therapy, one of our inpatient Dietitians will assess your needs and plan your nutritional care accordingly. You will be guided in the choice of appropriate foods to suit your medical requirements and lifestyle. During your stay, if you would like to see one of our inpatient Dietitians, please ask your nurse. Alternatively, you may like to Contact Us before your admission and we will do our best to see you during your stay. Examples of some of our commonly requested resources are also available in our Nutrition Tools & Resources section.
During your stay our Nutrition Assistants will visit you daily. They are responsible for your daily menu selection and the high quality presentation of the meals you receive during your stay. For some of our most common recipes please see our Vegetarian Recipes section. Your menu selection will be collected and saved on the mobile menu system, and your menu options will be based on your specific dietary requirements, as decided by your medical team. Our dietary system has many benefits, which include:
- Your menu selections are personally designed to meet your dietary needs
- If you have food allergies/intolerances, you will only receive foods that are appropriate. For example if you are instructed to follow a ‘dairy free’ diet, our dietary system will only offer you items that are appropriate
- Your menu selections are remembered if you’re admitted to the San in the future
- You will have face-to-face contact with our dietary staff, who can answer any of your questions regarding your meals
- Our menu remains extensive, giving you varied options each day
San Meal Team
San Nutrition, in conjunction with the San Help Team, has designed a program that assists your loved one with their meals during the times that you are unable to visit. The San Meal Team is run by the Hospital’s Help Team Volunteers, in conjunction with the Clinical Dietitians. The team helps nursing staff feed patients and assists with opening food packages whilst offering a friendly face and some company during meal times. If you would like more information, or are interested in becoming a member of the San Meal Team, please Contact Us.