Graduate Program Employment
Once submitted, your application will be considered and if selected you will be contacted regarding an interview.
Interviews will be held between Monday 31st October and Friday 10th November 2017.
Interview questions will be based on the selection criteria. All interview questions are open-ended and seek to assess your knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a newly graduated nurse or midwife.
There will be up to 3 people on each interview panel.
All applicants will need to provide original documentation as follows:
- Completed application form
- 100 points identification (including photo identification)
- 2 recent references, one of which must be a clinical reference
- 2 recent clinical practice summaries / reports
- Immunisation record
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Evidence of residency or a current working visa allowing full-time work
- All international students must bring documented evidence of English Language skills to the interview (see Selection Criteria below)
Adventist HealthCare recruitment process includes:
- Your application and CV
- The interview
- Referee reports
- Pre-employment screening including drug and alcohol testing
- Eligible for registration as a nurse or midwife with AHPRA prior to the agreed date for commencement of employment
- Completion of studies in 2017 or 2018
- Australian citizenship or a visa which permits employment in Australia. (New Zealand citizens residing in Australia who hold a current Special Category Visa are considered to have permanent residence status) There will be no sponsorship available for student visa holders
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Overseas students must have documented proof of English Language skills equivalent to an IELTS academic 7 level
- Current clinical knowledge and clinical problem solving ability
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Understanding of EEO, OHS&R, infection control and continuous quality improvement principles
- Understanding of professional, ethical and legal requirements
- Meets all Department of Health Immunisation requirements
Position Allocation Process
Following the interviews, applicants will be ranked using standardised criteria. Factors that impact on the allocation include:
- Availability of a positions
- Interview performance
- Your registration and the availability date
Feedback will not be provided to candidates as noted in the Application for Employment Form and hospital policy.
The position of Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse or Registered Midwife is paid in accordance with the Adventist HealthCare Limited Nursing Employees Enterprise Agreement 2015.