Clinical Specialties & Services
Sydney Adventist Hospital’s Integrated Cancer Centre consolidates the San’s expertise, experience and world-class reputation, providing a comprehensive treatment centre for patients with cancer and other chronic diseases. We treat a variety of gastrointestinal cancers including bowel, colorectal, gall bladder, bile duct, gastric (stomach), kidney and pancreatic cancers.
The San is renowned for excellence in cancer care services offering a range of treatments, care options and support services for patients and carers including:
- A gastrointestinal multi-disciplinary cancer team made up of surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, gastroenterologists, radiologists and pathologists, specialist nurses and allied health support.
- On-site radiation oncology offering radiation treatment to both inpatients and outpatients
- San Day Infusion Centre for patients who require a day-stay infusion, blood transfusion or chemotherapy
- Poon Oncology Ward that offers private patient rooms with ensuites, a quiet patient/visitor room and a beautiful indoor atrium and garden
- Medical and surgical treatment, and interventional radiology
- Cancer genetics
- Active involvement in clinical trials to provide patients with the best possible treatment outcomes through offering the opportunity to participate in the most current treatment options
- Palliative care under the patient’s usual specialist and/or a palliative care specialist
- Cancer Support Centre with educational information, support and survivorship programs, counselling and resources
- Purpose-built low-cost accommodation for travelling outpatients and their families
- An extensive range of diagnostic and allied health services