About the Redevelopment
Welcome to an exciting new era in healthcare at Sydney Adventist Hospital... you new San.
As a flagship facility of Adventist HealthCare Limited, Sydney Adventist Hospital (fondly known as the San), proudly strives to bring our Mission to life in every aspect of the way our services are delivered.
The San is a not-for-profit, Christian, acute-care hospital, and is the largest private hospital in NSW. Since first opening its doors back in 1903 as a 70 bed Sanitarium, the San has been growing to support the needs of the community and building on its reputation for exceptional care.
The biggest redevelopment in the San's history commenced in 2011 and, at a cost of more than $200m, the new and expanded facilities, complementing our existing facilities, will help meet the healthcare needs of our community for decades to come.
The redevelopment has delivered:
- New entry and arrivals building
- Award winning multi-deck car park
- A state-of-the-art Surgical Centre
- New wards and patient beds
- Additional state-of-the-art operating theatres, endoscopy and day procedures theatres
- A stunning new Maternity, Women's Health and Children's Unit
- A new Intensive Care Unit with state-of-the-art private rooms
- Expanded radiology facilities and technology
- A Clinical Education Centre for the tertiary education of medical, nursing and allied health students
- San Clinic Tulloch providing additional consulting space for doctors
- A purpose built Integrated Cancer Centre where diagnosis, treatement and support come together. The centre includes day infusion, radiation oncology, doctors suites, radiology and pathology, as well as clinical trials and a beautiful healing garden.
The Need to Grow
The redevelopment’s new, expanded and revitalised buildings will enable the Hospital to:
- Meet the over 50% expected increase in demand for our services between 2010/11 and 2026/27
- Maintain our financial viability and remain strong and sustainable
- Meet patient expectations
- Keep pace with other competitor hospitals
- Maintain our reputation for providing state of the art technology, facilities and quality care
- Meet our Mission and deliver on our core values of “Excellence, Dignity, Integrity, Continuity”