Sydney Adventist Hospital provides state-of-the-art cardiac care to help thousands of heart patients lead longer, healthier lives. Our decades of experience in caring for patients with heart disease has established the San as one of Australia's leading providers of complete private cardiac care, from prevention, diagnosis, and Emergency Care through to surgery, treatment, cardiac rehabilitation and wellness services. Cardiac services at Sydney Adventist Hospital includes areas such as Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiac Rehabilitation among others.
Widely recognised as a leader in private health care, the San was the first private hospital in Australia to offer a fully integrated cardiac surgery and catheterisation program in 1979. Since starting at the San, more than 50,000 cardiovascular surgeries and procedures have been performed. Today more than 2,700 cardiac procedures are performed annually, ranging from stents and pacemaker implants to open-heart surgery.
If you are coming to the San for a heart procedure, our "Know Your Heart Better" booklet provides you with details of various procedures, treatments and operations, and gives an overview of what to expect.
If you are being admitted for open heart surgery, our "Going for Heart Surgery" booklet will explain what to bring and what to expect during your operation, stay and throughout the rehabilitation process.
If you have any further questions on your treatment or operation, please refer these to your cardiac specialist.
The ongoing spirit, dedication and care of the specialised, highly trained Doctors, Nurses, Case Managers, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, and Cardiac Rehabilitation staff have enabled Sydney Adventist Hospital to cement its reputation as an Australian leader in private cardiovascular care.
You can search for a cardiovascular specialist in your area now through our Find A San Specialist search function.
View the list of Cardiothoracic Surgeons working at the San.
Our Cardiovascular Services
- Renowned Cardiovascular Specialists are on-call 24 hours / 7 days to offer best current treatment including angioplasty and stenting for heart attacks
- 24 hour / 7 day Emergency Care Unit
- Chest Pain Hotline service available 24 hours / 7 days for advice from professionals on 9487 9444
- Cutting edge cardiovascular and diagnostic technology including the Siemens FORCE CT Scanner (384-slice, Dual Source)
- Comprehensive services including Cardiac Rehabilitation program and support club along with preventative and lifestyle management services
- Outstanding inpatient accommodation
- Leader in private cardiovascular surgery since 1979