BSc (Hons) Medical Biol; BSc (Hons) TCM (Acupuncture)
Susie Mee is an acupuncturist who works with Northern Haematology & Oncology Group and the Jacaranda Lodge Cancer Support Centre at Sydney Adventist Hospital, providing individualised care for patients. She aims to relieve the side effects of cancer therapies (chemotherapy and radiotherapy), which can increase the well being and quality of life of patients.
Susie completed her Medical Biology and Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture degrees in England and has practiced in England and Australia, working in private practice, community projects and corporate settings. She completed post-graduate training in the Beijing Hospital China and at the Bumi Sehat Foundation in Ubud Bali.
Susie is a keen public speaker and has given presentations to cancer support groups, nurses and practitioners on the benefits of acupuncture for patients and their families.
Susie's patients have reported:
- reduced nausea, vomiting and digestive disturbances (indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation)
- reduced fatigue, increases in energy levels and a general sense of well being
- reduction in the intensity and frequency of hot flushes
- reduced pain and a reduction in altered sensations in the body (tingling, numbness, pins and needles)
Research suggests acupuncture can assist with a wide variety of conditions, some of which are listed below:
- headaches and other bodily pain
- emotional issues arising before, during and after cancer therapy (stress, anxiety, insomnia, depression)
- dryness of the mouth
- shortness of breath
Susie is an accredited member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS) and a Chinese Medical Board of Australia (CMBA) registered practitioner.
Private health fund rebates are available for all major health funds.